Labor Candidate for Currumbin
Kaylee is Labor’s candidate for the State seat of Currumbin on the southern Gold Coast. Kaylee is a local, a mum and a proud community champion.
Kaylee grew up and has lived most of her life locally in Currumbin. Having attended Palm Beach Currumbin State High School, Kaylee still lives in Currumbin with her husband Troy and her two children Indie and Tom.
Kaylee was recently the president of Parents and Citizen’s Association (P&C) Queensland – the state’s peak parenting body for the parents of state school students. She was a board member of the Queensland College of Teachers.
Kaylee is committed to world-class education for all students. As president of the Currumbin State School P&C and on the executive of the Palm Beach Currumbin State High School P&C, Kaylee will always fight for education funding for Gold Coast schools.
As a former member of the Gold Coast Health and Hospital Network Community Advisory Group, Kaylee is committed to fighting for health funding for the Gold Coast.
Kaylee is active in her community as a member of local environment groups, Tugun SLSC Nippers and Tallebudgera Tigers FC.
As a local, Kaylee will stand up for the Gold Coast – fighting for school and health funding, strong investment in new infrastructure, roads and transport.
Stay up to date
Follow the latest news, photos, and updates from Kaylee on her Facebook page.
What I Stand For
Protecting places we love
We live in the best part of the world, and I will always fight to protect the lifestyle we love.
- Fighting to ensure the World Surf Reserve is further protected with new legislation
- Opposing bad developments, like Ridong, that outsiders push, but locals do not want
A transport plan for the Coast
I will make sure we can spend more time in the best part of the world, not on the road in.
- Major upgrades to the M1, including lane-widening and exit upgrades
- Securing the route for the Heavy Rail connection time the Gold Coast Airport
- Working with locals to make sure they get a say on the Gold Coast Transport Plan:
- Light rail to the airport
- A pedestrian path along the beach
- An animal crossing the headland and Burleigh National Park
- Pedestrian and light rail bridges over Tallebudgera Creek
- HAVE YOUR SAY HERE
Supporting local jobs
I want my kids to get good jobs here. I’ll make sure there are not only jobs now, but jobs into the future.
- Supporting new laws to make sure tradies and subbies get paid, and developers can’t cut and run
World-class education for every kid
Every child deserves a great education. For many years I fought for better local schools, and will continue to do so.
- All necessary infrastructure to provide a good learning environment including:
- Aircon in every classroom, staffroom and library in every State school
- Investing in solar panels on State state school roofs creating clean energy to cool our classrooms
- Enough parking, and good pick up and drop off areas
- The resources our teachers need to do their important job
- Fostering close connection between schools and community
- A modern curriculum that gives every child every chance in a rapidly changing world. Now is not the time to be dumbing our schools down.
Show your support
Grab a sticker or a sign and Kaylee can put our community first!
Contributions to Kaylee’s campaign are kindly accepted at the link below.
Volunteer for Kaylee
You can volunteer to help Kaylee’s campaign using the link below.